Friday, September 12, 2014

Email from June 30th

Dear Dad,

   HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! Tomorrow is going to be a big day in the life of your only daughter... my first Canada Day AND President and Sister Burt, my new mission president and mom, arrive tomorrow! I am really looking forward to meeting them. I will miss the Tilleman's so much, they both have changed my life forever! But I know that the Burt's will be exactly what our mission needs. It'll be exciting to finally see this change take place.

   So I love my assignment right now, I really feel like I'm hastening! We run!! Also, there is NEVER a dull moment with Sister Galbraith, love this girl! :) We are working hard because our area is struggling! We see so many miracles but a lot of them end up back firing haha I am learning so much though. I studied sacrifice today and was able to understand so much more about how when we truly let things go and give them to the Lord, when we put off the natural man, we build faith. I pondered a lot this morning about what else I can sacrifice so that I can have the faith necessary to see a miracle change this area. I'm not perfect but I am going to work as hard as I can to consecrate myself fully to the Lord.

   I love this work. It's truly changing me and helping me understand what the gospel truly means. I feel like I've been learning it my whole life but I finally am starting to understand what it means to be a disciple. I know this gospel is real. It's so true! I have seen WAY to many miracles and way too many blessings come into my life, that i can not deny that it is true. Thank you so much for the last 20 years, I have learned so much and I can;t wait to see where the next 20 and 40 take me!

   I love you! I miss you! and I pray all is well! Keep hastening the work! 

Love, Sister Emily Dahl

P.S. 
my address is 880 herrmann (basement) st coqutilam, BC V3C 6E7

No comments:

Post a Comment