Friday, September 12, 2014

E mail from June 2

Dear Dad,
   Don;t worry about not writing last week. In the moment, I was a little bummed but I ended up being okay. The rest of the week got better. That day i told Sister Wang everything on my mind, poor thing. She said she understood my English but not what i meant haha I went on an exchange with the Sister training Leaders and that was so inspired. I was with a sister from Sugar City, Idaho. She and I talked a lot about the Higher Law.
   Since I have been out here, I've learned so much about the Higher Law. After being on my mission for nearly 10 months now and helping people come unto the waters of baptism, I have learned a lot about he eternal perspective of life and also God's nature. As we live the doctrine of Christ, having faith, repenting, being baptized, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, we are purifying our hearts. We are striving our very best to become like Jesus Christ. But as we can see in this world, many changing values and shifting views on morality have definitely influenced us. But something struck me in a conference talk. I can't remember which one but it talks about how God's spiritual law does not change.
   The Higher Law of making and keeping covenants is the way we must live in this life. We can not lower our expectations because if we are to live this law, we have to keep our expectations where God's are. I have felt a deeper sense of who I am and who I want to be. I know that my mission has completely changed me and is definitely preparing me for the rest of my life. It's preparing me to face greater difficulty, it's preparing me to honor my temple covenants with more seriousness and sacredness. It is helping me understand the type of family and home I wish to create. It is helping me keep my expectations high. I love this concept and I am so grateful I grew up in a home where Monday night was family night and every night we knelt for family prayer, our family goes to church. I love that I grew up where the principles of righteousness were taught. I never realized it before but now I can see how important all of these things are for living the Higher Law. It';s amazing!
   Well I love you , Dad! Thanks for being such a great example and helping me so much with all of my righteous desires. I am so blessed to be a missionary and I have this time to refine myself and become even more Christ-like so that when I return, I can continue on my way back to our Heavenly Father with a better understanding of the importance of gospel living. And I have the tools necessary to help me get back. The church is true!
   Much love, Sister Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment