Friday, September 12, 2014

Email from June 23rd

Dear Mom,
   It's good to hear from you! I can't believe Brad was in the hospital again! I will keep praying for his health, scary stuff! If I need to get checked, call the mission office and ask for Sister Hogg, she's the mission nurse. I probably have a similar condition because my blood clots super easy, scary. I am glad he is doing well! I love that girls camp was such a success! I miss all those girls, maybe next year, Bishop Taylor will let me tag along again! :) I would love that!

   I loved hearing about the miracle you witnessed after the trial of your faith. So last week I experienced the same thing! I told you about the assistants challenge and how we needed to find 2 baptismal dates in our area in 2 days. We ended our p day early last week and worked SO hard! But we didnt set any, we were so close a few times but it didnt happen. 

   We were dreading the assistants call on Tuesday morning to get baptismal date information because we didnt want to tell them we didnt get it. We exchanged that day so I was up in North Vancouver and Sister Galbraith had to talk to them. On the phone, one of the assistants committed Sister Galbraith and the other sister to find 3 baptismal dates that day and to text them that night the names and dates of those people. Those sisters went to work! They were contacting, tracting, calling everyone they could and they did it! They set 3 pretty solid baptismal dates for July! It was incredible! They set one on the street, one on the phone and one in a lesson.

   When they called that night I was freaking out! The Lord just made this amazing miracle happen! I wasn't there to witness it but I put in  a lot of work. We exercised a lot of faith but it wasn't until we had exchanged where not only Heavenly Father let a miracle happen but He let a struggling sister experience it and witness it! The church is so true! No one can tell me God is not real when we can commit 3 strangers to prepare themselves to enter into a covenant with God and be ready to do so in one month. Miracles have not ceased!!! I love this work!

   Then yesterday, we had no one to come to church. I was speaking that day and that morning when we realized we had no one who committed, we were so bummed! We hate putting zeros as our results! We didn't know what else to do. After sacrament meeting concluded, Bishop Hall came up to me and said, "There's a man sitting in the back that we don't know. Could you sisters go meet him?" We went back there and met Gord. He had been receiving a lot of spiritual promptings that he needed to come to church. And specifically to our church. He stayed all 3 hours and we made him a new investigator! We had a friend at church! Heavenly Father literally dropped him in our laps! I was so blessed to witness this and be a part of it. 

   The Lord is so mindful of us. He is aware and even though we feel inadequate at times and we feel like we're not good enough, the Lord is on our side. He knows I can be a sister training leader, sometimes this past week I wondered why I was chosen but I know that the Lord is a miracle worker and I have something to offer. There is a quote by President Monson that says, "...do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle."

   I am walking proof that God is real. I am a miracle and I love what the Lord is shaping me into. I love seeing amazing things come to pass every day and also the mighty change in myself. I love this work and I am forever grateful for the opportunity I have to be missionary at this time. It;s the best decision I ever made and I love it! I am praying for you and everyone and I know this church is true!

  I love you! 
Sister Emily Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment