Thursday, May 1, 2014

Note from April 22nd - Happy Easter

Dear Dad,
   Happy Easter! It's a great time up here in Canada. I am seriously seeing SO many miracles and the Lord is blessing our companionship more than I've ever seen! It all started on Thursday. We realized that Shu Hang was willing to maybe set a date for baptism. He said he would think about it and while he thought we were going to fast! We told our zone leaders to pray for him and they joined our fast and encouraged us to invite him to fast as well. He fasted with us! Good friday was a day of miracles! That morning we received a phone call from Sister Tilleman inviting Sister Demordaunt to a sealing for a recent convert. It is the woman who's dog bit President when he ended up in the hospital. She ended up getting baptized and now she's getting endowed. Sister DeMordaunt met her at a ward activity on an exchange and ultimately helped her make her decision to go through the temple. Amazing. So we will be going to the temple tonight with Jennifer, President Tilleman, and Sister Tilleman! We are freaking out! I have been really wanting to go to the temple and now we get to go with a recent convert and with President. Amazing.
   Then we met with our friend Xiao. She has been progressing so quickly and when we taught it took a wrong turn but our member saved us! Xiao now has a baptismal date for May 18th! We are so excited! Then we made our way back to the restaurant to break our fast with Shu Hang. He seemed well and still wasn;t sure what to do. Before we met with him we were doing some training and received so much revleation on what we needed to share with him. He wasn;t sure because of all these different reasons and we tried to help him see the big picture and the eternal perspective. FInally we shared Ether 12:6 with him. "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." It clicked. He knew. He set the date for April 27th... Shu Hang is getting baptized!!!! I am so excited! I have been teaching him since January and he's been through SO much. I didn;t think I could set a baptismal date int he middle of a busy restaurant but it happened. My heart was burning with the spirit and I knew that the spirit touched his heart. It strengthened my testimony so much about fasting and the impact the Lord has in our lives. I am so blessed.
   I am doing so well! A little nervous about transfer calls next week but I know the Lord knows what I need. I've been out almost 9 months and in this area for 7...it may be time for so change and when the Lord makes changes, He likes to make them BIG. Well I love you. I am praying hard for you. You;re going to look great when I get home! :) I can;t wait to go skiing together again. That was on of my favorite days we spent together. I am praying for everyone! 
Love, Sister Emily Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment