Thursday, May 1, 2014

April 26th Note


Dear Dad,
Dear Dad,
   It seems like life is crazy as ever in the 602. Sounds like everyone is busy and life is definitely moving. I continuo pray for your job. I know Heavenly Father is working something out for you and will give you the best opportunity for you. I love when he makes decisions for us :) He's so good at that! Tell Shane he's got more personality than anyone I know! He'll be the face of the sprint company across the street. They don't know what they're doing. He has nothing to worry about. He will be blessed so much for his service in NJ. I hope he has fun in Utah.
   So this week started on such a high! Shu Hang had a date and we were going to the temple. The temple on Tuesday was incredible. It was amazing to be there with Jennifer and with President and Sister Tilleman. I will not have the opportunity to go to the temple with them at the end of my mission so it was so special to be there with them and to feel the much needed spirit of the temple. Wednesday was great until Shu Hang texted us. He dropped his date and my heart dropped. I couldn't believe it. He is getting a lot of opposition from his family and friends. He felt like he needed to think more about it. We were able to convince him to meet with President Deyell on Friday in Vancouver to have an interview. We had full faith that he could be baptized on sunday and were praying so hard. He met with President Deyell and the conclusion was that he needed to speak with Presdient Tilleman. 
   At that point I figured it wasn't happening this past weekend. but the assistants said Presdient could do it either saturday or sunday. I got excited again but I wasn't sure if he even wanted to be baptized anymore. Saturday night we were still on exchanges with Sister Ellgen when Shu Hang texted and said there's no way he could make it. Earlier that night I was on the phone with him and just pleaded with him to meet with Presdient. I told him that this was such a special opportunity and that this never happens! When we got the text, I just began to cry because I knew he was so close and so ready! Sister Ellgen was so great and comforted me. She told me I had done everything in my power to help him get to the waters of baptism. Realizing I had done everything I could, hit me pretty hard. I knew it was now out of my hands. 
   The next morning we texted President back and told him he would not be able to meet with him in the morning but that afternoon in Richmond. After many texts and phone calls, he was at the Richmond Building. I was praying so hard for him. When I found out he did not set a date, I just died. I knew for sure that it would get through to him how important this step is. Then we spoke with an elder who helped translate and he told me SHu Hang had not quit smoking and needed more time. I was so confused. 
   We then called Shu Hang. I asked him about the meeting and he said it wasn;t anything special. He didn't really say much and then I asked him about smoking. He smoked last week and I asked him why he didnt tell us and he said we didn't ask. I felt like I had just been punched in the stomach. We had just bent over backwards for him and I couldn't believe it. It hurt so bad to know that he still had a problem and we didn't know. I was pretty emotionally exhausted yesterday and just thanked Heavenly Father for letting us see many miracles. But in the end it really was up to Shu Hang. He has the gift of agency and he had to make that decision.
   So yesterday was a bit of a roller coaster with 7 loopty loops. I never thought I would mourn so badly over someone else's salvation. It was an incredible feeling and it taught me so much. I know that Shu Hang will be baptized, he just needs more time. I learned about the love President Tilleman has for every living soul and his desire to bring everyone unto Christ. That was my crazy week and I wouldn't change any of it. My blood pressure went up a bit but I know more than ever that Heavenly Father is looking out for us. He is so aware! I know this church is true! I love Jesus Christ and all the opportunities he gives me to change and improve. I love you!!
Love, Sister Emily Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment