Thursday, May 1, 2014

April 14th Note

Dear Dad,
   Sounds like you're having a blast with Shane in Utah! I miss you both so much! I am totally jealous my 2 best buds get to hang out so much. It has to be such a great feeling to see so many old friends and family in such a short amount of time. I am so grateful our family has been blessed with so many amazing people. 
   Well life up north is going well! I am starting to realize what people are talking about when they say Vancouver is one of the most beautiful places in the world! It's Spring!!! It was up to 67 degrees and we were having a hay day! haha it's been so wonderful being outside in this beautiful weather to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone. We saw so many miracles this week and are truly feeling God pouring out His blessings upon us. We have seen so many miracles and so many occurrences of God sharing His love. 
   I have been thinking as lot about love and a lot about how we give and receive love. During a companionship inventory with the Sister Training Leaders, we talked a lot about love. It really was so interesting that within in our companionship we give and receive love differently, whether it be through words of affirmation or service. We all have so much love for each other but one companion saying "I love you" to the other wouldn;t go as far as doing the dishes and vice versa. I just thought about our Savior. Jesus Christ is the perfect example of love. He showed His love in word as he taught us the way to eternal life. He also did it through deed. He performed countless miracles and ultimately performed the greatest act of love this world has or ever will see, through His atoning sacrifice. 
   I thought a lot about how I can better follow the example of Jesus Christ, especially this Easter week, by loving more. I need to do it through words. I need to tell everyone the glorious message of the gospel and I need to tell them the Lord loves them. I need to show my love through my actions. I have to get up and get out. I need to constantly seek opportunities to serve those around me. And I know that as I strive to love more, in all ways, I will show my love for my Heavenly Father and also for my Savior, Jesus Christ.
   I know He lives. I love being a representative of Him. I love the Chinese people I am able to serve everyday. It is such a privilege to be out here. I am nearly half way and I am already so in love with this work. It is such a joy and such an amazing opportunity to be out here sharing God's love with his children. I don;t get discouraged when people reject me because I know they just aren;t ready to accept His love just yet or we're just not using the right method to give it to them. 
   I love you! I hope you have a great Easter week! I am praying hard for you and know the Lord is looking out and will bless you!
   Love, Sister Emily Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment