Saturday, April 19, 2014

Note from February 24th

Dear Dad,

My heart reaches out to you today. I have been thinking a lot about you and Scott this week. I thought a lot about the Plan of Salvation and how the temple is such a central role in the plan God has for us. It really is so important to go to the temple and do that work for our family and friends.  Thank you for the letter he sent me. I will print that and treasure it always. it really touched my heart reading that again. I am grateful he took the time to send it to me and that you could use it at his service. I will continue to pray for you.
   
My week went well. I am still seeing so many opportunites to speak Spanish. Pretty much everyday last week I spoke to someone who spoke spanish. I am not exactly what the Lord has intended for me in this life but He wants me to speak the three most popular languages in the world. I loved what you said last week about me being able to use my Mandarin to be a missionary the rest of my life. I am really looking forward to hanging out with asians at U of A and inviting them to meet with missionaries. It'll be so fun. 
   
This week we met with one of our investigators and she is progressing so much. She has come to really believe in God and has sucha  drive to gain a testimony. You know God has prepared someone when they hear a commandment and think "Oh, that makes sense. Of course I will obey". It's incredible. Her baptismal date is March 16th but we're hoping to push it up a bit if we can. She loves church and has been growing a ton. It's meeting people like this that give me the drive to keep going. We talked to so many people this weekend in the snow and no one was willing to learn more. We walked miles and miles and no one wanted to listen. But when we meet with someone who is ready. It makes all that trudging in the snow worth it. It's worth leaving you all behind. It's worth crying for a month straight so I can learn how to tell them about Heavenly Father in the language they speak. It's all worth it when someone comes unto Christ.
   
I love you so much. I know this church is true. I have such a strong testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have truly come to know Him since being out here and I am so blessed to be a representative of Him. I am looking forward to the day I can thank Him in person and let Him know how much I truly love Him. Before my mission I never felt like I knew Jesus Christ. i knew what He did for me and that His sacrifice could help me but I didnt feel like I had a relationship with Him or that i could have one with Him. Since being on my mission, He has helped me in everyway possible. He's been with me every single step of the way. He is my Savior and Redeemer and He is truly my best friend. I will forever praise His name. 
   
I pray for you often and know that God loves you. Christ lives and He is all we need to get through in this life. Never forget how much He loves you!

Love, Sister Emily Dahl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment