Monday, September 16, 2013

August 26th

Hey! 
   Wow. It is so great to hear from you! I am so glad everyone is doing so well. Happy Birthday to Laci and Abi! I sent Laci a card on Saturday so it should be there today or tomorrow. Tell Kilee Happy Birthday too, I forgot last Monday. 
   So cool that Coy is starting Ball. I brag about him all the time. I hope all goes well for him! How's school for everyone? I cant believe that a year ago this time I was starting my freshman year at UA. And its so cool Jack (Kauffman) is starting. He emailed me. He went and saw Brother Somerville. Jack is going to love it..he's so legit he'll probably get called Mandarin speaking! I can feel it. haha anyways, I'm gonna miss UA sports, you'll have to keep me up to speed. Bear down! 
   So my week..Wow. It's so true when they say, "The days go by like weeks and the weeks go by like days" It's crazy I've already been here almost 3 weeks but at the same time Wednesdays and Fridays feel like 3 years haha those are the days we have 3 hours of class and then dinner then 3 more hours of class (ALL IN CHINESE) so we get pretty exhausted! I love the work though. Teaching is my favorite. I get so nervous before but then I am able to communicate to our investigator that our message is true and the spirit is so strong. I speak the best Chinese when i have the spirit with me and that's definitely the strongest in lessons. I'm staying positive about the language but it gets tough. It's like a roller coaster of emotion everyday. You are doing okay then two seconds later you're so down and overwhelmed because you just feel like there's no way you can speak this language and use every grammar principle right or say the right tones but then you get a little slap in the face from Mr. humility and I realize, I can't do this alone. I need my Heavenly Father's help and His son Jesus Christ. During Sacrament meeting yesterday I was really touched as the 3 districts that leave tomorrow sang "A child's prayer" I was so overwhelmed by the spirit and the love the God has for me, and in that moment I knew. Wo gen ta hui zuo zhege (I can do this, with him). It's a crazy thing to experience everyday but its making me stronger and the missionary God wants me to be.
   Funny story. In our lesson last week my comp was trying to explain how to pray. She began by saying, "We address our heavenly father" But she used the wrong tone on "Chang" and she said, "We prostitute our heavenly father" Our investigator was really confused haha the funny times like those are what are helping us get through this. We laugh at ourselves all the time and it makes things easier. 
   So guess who I saw the other day... well I heard his voice. Yep, Mr. Jacksonville, Florida in the flesh. You can probably guess but I didn't make it known that I saw him haha He's crazy, Canada is great. It's funny I have never been to Canada but I already love it so much. I can't wait to go there and serve the people God has prepared for me to help. It's going to be amazing. Also I saw Jessica Lamb yesterday, we took a picture. She seems well, we talked quite a bit. I still don't see Leif often.. and when I do he says he wants to leave the MTC and get to the field. He's still got 3 weeks but I've got 6 so woo! haha
   Well I am learning a lot, I love the work. Thank you for your prayers. They mean so much and are much needed. I feel your love so much. You all are amazing. Please write me. I LOVE letters :) You're the best!! Wo ai nimen!
LOVE, Dai JieMei

No comments:

Post a Comment