Monday, September 23, 2013

In MTC for 7 weeks

Hey
 fam,
So I have been in the MTC for 7 weeks, what?!  I can hardly believe it. It was a great week!  I got a letter from Kay Rae (finally!), Sister Nymeyer, B, and a package from Raini and you guys! Thank you! I LOVED the Thor doll. He is next to my Family photo and Jesus on my desk. thanks!

I get more and more excited to go to Canada the more I think about it.  I am not so scared anymore, because I know that I will be okay.  I came to a realization this week, I'm serving a mission and I am speaking Mandarin Chinese..Chinese is not the hardest part of my mission.  You would think that it is the hardest par,t but it's not.  Don't get me wrong, learning Chinese is one of the hardest, trying things I've ever done, but it's not the hardest.  Being a missionary is SO hard.  I always forget that this work is not easy.  We are called to find God's lost children, get to know them, find out their needs, follow the Spirit and teach according to their needs and do all we can to help them come unto Christ.  What a big job.  As we were teaching this week during a role play it hit me.  This is so hard, but that's okay.  If it wasn't easy for Christ to atone for sins I can't imagine teaching about it would be easy.  I feel blessed to be able to  represent my Savior and find God's children.  Knowing that comforts me in going to Canada.  There about 20 Mandarin missionaries in my mission...maybe and I know it is no chance that I am going there.  Someone needs me. (BTW we got our Chinese tags...I almost threw up).

So as sister training leader I have been able to help all the new sisters that came in this week. They are so great!  They think I am so much older than them. haha  They are all 20, I'm just older in MTC terms. haha  They have such a strong desire to be obedient and learn and I feel so privileged to be the one to help as they struggle through and experience exactly how I felt.  I have to correct some behavior, but as I do that I am able to treat them with love as the Savior would.  I know that Heavenly Father allowed me to have this calling to help me grow and become who he needs to be as a leader.  I am learning so much and I am so grateful for the opportunity.
   
SO Something super awesome and legit that happened this week.  I am singing in the General Relief Society meeting on Saturday at the conference center!  Wooo!  I'll be wearing a blue-ish shirt.  Look for me :)  You should totally sneak in dad.  If they know what's good for em they'll show my face, haha but I could always use a humility lesson and don't worry mom, I get them daily.

Alright a funny, humiliating story from this week.  Sister Astle had really bad heart pains so we took her to the front office since the clinic was closed.  We ended up meeting our teachers old mission comp and he told us something in Taiwanese to tell him which was, "en dao li he" which pretty much means "Hey handsome".  Me being the person I am volunteered to tell our teacher.  Bad idea.... Our teacher is like an angel.  He is kind and spiritual and like the best person I've ever met in my life (besides Kaylie haha).  So I said to him "En dao li he" and he just looked at me funny then I repeated it.  Then explained how we met his old comp then how learned a lot about him.  Like that he is exactly the same in class as he is in a normal social setting.  He still looked confused still.  An elder tried to clear this up and said "yeah, like we heard Bro Tate is a lady killer".  He did not seem to like that comment so then I tried to make it better and said, "Hey, I'm sure you're a lady killer too!" yep...didn't help... so his entire countenance oozed awkwardness... bu hao!  So then I tried to fix that mouth vomit and I said, "what?! I just said you were handsome?!"  Yep...no recovering from that one!  I just wanted to cry and run, but with 2 companions you can't really get anywhere fast! wahhhh!  I just hid behind my books and sulked in my consequence. Thank goodness we have repentance! and I have a teacher who forgives.

Well other than that this week has been great! I love it here! I know it's hard but it's worth it! Keep writing!  How is everyone? Coy's baseball? Laci? Matt? Lexi and crew? 

Love, Sister Emily Dahl

p.s Dad the sister who is from that news clip with the 2 bros and mom who got mission call on the same day is in the other branch! She's going to San Diego Mormon Battalion Visitor Center! cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment