Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16th

Hey! 
So great to hear all is well! Bear Down! I'll pray for them! (As the begin their PAC 12 schedule).

How is Devante Neal liking the good ol' UA? I hope he loves it like I do! 

I am so happy Scott (Stump) and fam came and visited! I love them, it's so amazing that you two are still best buds. 

I am so excited for Raini to go to the temple, I wrote her an email today and a letter last week prepping her a bit. She'll love it.

I am loving my assignment as Sister Training Leader. I attend branch council meetings and I look out for the sisters. I interview senior companions and report back in council meeting. This week my job gets super fun!  We have 5 new sisters coming into our zone, I am soooo excited. There are 2 international sisters who come on Tuesday and I have to help them out all afternoon and during Devotional.  Then on Wednesday the other 3 come and I will introduce them to the MTC, give them a tour, and pretty much be their big sister. I am so stoked!  I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to serve them, it'll be way fun.  I also get to participate in leadership trainings which help me a ton in becoming more Christ-like, it's great.

So I can't believe it's been 6 weeks on Wednesday...where has the time gone?! It's crazyness. I am so amazed at how much I've grown and how close I've come to my Savior and oh yeah, I can speak Chinese! Tomorrow we're doing our first English fast...ohhhh boyyyy!  That'll be exciting and probably terrifying.  Last night we watched "The Testaments" in Mandarin, talk about a slap in the face saying, "Hey! What have you been doing??  You didn't understand anything!" haha  It was an eye opener, but I know that I will be able to speak well and learn in the field. I am terrified to leave.  I'm comfortable..I know my way around, I know if I say something wrong my teachers already have accepted the Gospel and are enduring to the end and I'm not jeopardizing their salvation, but in the field... #nopressure. I'll be fine, I know but it's still scary. And no one from my district is going to my mission, no one from my zone is going to my mission, NO ONE is going to my mission. That'l be a fun plane ride!

Our Tuesday Devotional was great.  It was James B. Martino of the 70.  He talked all about member missionary work and how critical members are in the work!  I know that this is so true!  I feel so blessed that I was able to help Kaylie come to the Gospel and be a member missionary before I came on my mission.  It's so important that members find people to bring to the Gospel.  I encourage everyone in our family to prayerfully find someone they can bring to the Gospel, think of a way it'll bless their lives.  Tell Coy and Laci it can be the catcher from Coy's summer ball team. haha Tell the sisters in our ward they are doing great, I got a letter from them this week. I loved it.

Sunday we heard from Ron Tanner, the co-producer of "17 Miracles", "Ephraim's Rescue", "Only a Stonecutter" and the John Tanner story film and wow, I love pioneers.  I feel so privileged to call my self a descendant of those faithful servants who risked their lives and lost their lives for the Gospel.  I hope to emulate the faith they had.  I can not wait to meet all of them one day and just thank them because who knows where I would be now if it wasn't for them (Even though your great great great great Grandpa died and mom's didnt...haha).  I love them all.  If you haven't seen "Ephraim's Rescue" then you should.  It comes on DVD on Sept 24th!  We watched a few clips.. What an amazing man. 
   
Well I love you all! 

btw I may be singing in the General RS Broadcast if I get chosen.  I had to fill out a survey so hopefully all those years of dealing with mr.   Ross will pay off now haha.  You all are wonderful!  I am learning a ton! 

Thank you for the prayers!
LOVE, SISTER EMILY DAHL

No comments:

Post a Comment