Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Emily's First Email!!! :) We miss her...
NI HAO!!!!!
Ahhh! Where do I even start?? These last 5 days have been cray cray to say the least. I made it to Sunday so thats good!
So first, The MTC is amazing. The spirit is so incredible. Everyone is so happy and is so quick to help eachother. It was very comforting being a newbe with the orange dot.
 
Second, My companions! Yes, I said companionS. I'm in a trio! I was supposed to be eith a sister Toronto going to New York Madarin but she is on the fast track. She grew up in Beijing so she got the whole Zhonggwen (chinese) down. So there is Sister Palmer, she is from Redmond, Oregon. Shes a little shorter than me, super sweet, but pretty soft spoken. She's not shy but lets just say she's introverted, which is good because then we have Sister Astle. She is from Sandy, Utah and she is much louder than she appears, dont let her height decieve you. But wo ai ta (I love her) She is great! Her testimony is such an example to me, I look up to her so much...well not literally haha #giant I love them both and we all work well together so there havent been any immediate issues. I think it is a blessing we are in a trio because it is more input and spirit and we also are getting good at not leaving a companion behind, which is good! (Btw both of my tongban (campanions) are going to New York, New York North. I only found one other person going Vancouver Mandarin and shes a smarty pants like sister toronto!
 
Third, District! Oh man.. Love those guys haha There are 6 elders and then san jiemei (3 sisters)  We are all going to either New Yorl, Washignfton DC, Calgary or Vancouver. We are the outcasts in our Zone because pretty much everyone else is going to Taiwan. We all get along but sometimes like to talk far too much! We are working on it though. I love my teacher. He is 22, served in Taiwan and is seriously the kindest, most patient, and loving man...even though he speaks all chinese haha It's good he smiles so much because I cant really get frustrated for not understanding because He just smiles into your soul and you forgive him instantly. So thats going well.
 
Alright...wo bu zidao shuo zhonggwen (I dont know how to speak chinese) BUT we will get there! This language is crazy..like holy crap. It is going well though. It's tough because all I ever do is think in spanish. Ugh. Yo quiero hablar espanol pero dios quiere que yo hablar chino. (Raini..You are blessed.  Even though we wont be able to speka in chinese together but you can help my spanish come back) So All three of us are kind of at the same level which is good but I understand the most. #contextclues. We had to teach our first lesson in chinese on friday. WHOA. Crazy, right? But it was amazing. 1. We were terrified, we seriously had nothing to go off of but this little orange book we got that has everything you need to know about talking about Jesus in chinese. So we really had to rely on the spirit and that was a blessing. We couldnt speak well but it was cool to rely on the spirit and really testify witht he words we knew. Then we come to Satrurdays lesson..........yeah. We got a little confident and it flopped. We ended up teaching the atonement, correction TRYING to teach the atonement. in chinese. the spirit just wasnt there and we were just chickens with our heads cut off trying to speak chinese. Doesnt really work..haha but today we have the opportunity to teach him again, I'll let you know.

 
Yesterday was the best sunday ever! I loved it. Relief society was all the sisters so like 1000 people haha ALOT. The primary general presidnet spoke and she was great. She talked all about Jesus Christ and really coming to know Him. He needs to be our best friend and we need to think and act and feel as He would, His name is on our name tag and women shi ta de diaobiao ( we are his representatives) Last night we watched a talk by Elder Bednar. Wo ai ta. (I love him) Look it up, its called "Character of Christ" It was amazing. It talks all about how we need to become fully converted unto the Lord. A testimony is not enough. And to do that is by turning out. We need to look beyond ourselves and constantly be concerned for others. I love this. I know that I need to turn outward. I need to be more selfless. At times I get frustrated because I cant understand and I cant speak and all that does is drive the spirit away. I need to be patient and love others so that the spirit will remain with me. I was struggling the other night and I jsut plead with the Lord for help. I cried. I know, it's happening. But then it came to me. This is supposed to be hard. It's supposed to be stressful and hard and emotionally draining because once we feel we cant do it anymore we then realize, I can do this, juts not alone. We need Christ in our lives. He will help us as long as we take the time to reach out to Him and ask for it. I love that concept it has helped alot.
Quick story about me crying more. Prayed...Cried. Relief society...cried. On our temple walk...cried. So we are walking to the temple yesterday and we ran into some sisters who are going to Ogden, Utah. I proceeded to tell them how I think theyre amazing and I'm so jealous they get to go to Utah and then I just started crying to these girls I dont even know about how they are speacial and that they are truly choice daughters of God to get called to such a place. It was weird. I'm pretty sure they all avoid me now because I'm THAT girl. haha It's okay though, I'm trying to accept the inevitable.
Well Thats about all the time I have! I love you! PLease send dear elders, letters, packages etc. I need the support, letters really help you keep going. Tamen shi fei zhen hao (You all are awesome!) Wo ai nimen (I love you all) Wo zhidao zhege jiao hui zhenshi de (I know this church is true) Stay wonderful.
Love, Sister Dahl (Dai Jiemai)
p.s. I see Leif every now and then, hes good. I see a girl from the institute all the time, Tory Wake. I've seen spancer katoa, Dani Ellis, and the girl that B knew in one of his areas plus a lot of others! It's super fun!
pps i'll send photos later!

No comments:

Post a Comment