Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2 weeks notice

     It's crazy to think that just 4 months ago I was nervously awaiting the arrival of a large white envelope from Salt Lake City, Utah that would reveal to me some of the greatest news I have ever received. August 7th seemed so far away and wow, it's only 14 days till I'm getting dropped off at the MTC, saying my last goodbyes to my parents and entering a new life.
    It's an interesting feeling. It has been such a roller coaster since March 18th when I received my call. I've doubted, jumped for joy, freaked out, felt blessed, been scared, but overall I've grown. It was important for me to have this time to prepare. Not only spiritually but emotionally. I've gone through every emotion in the book and now the time is here. For me to dig my heels in, rely on the Lord, and share His gospel with the world.
    I'm not saying it'll be easy because it won't. It is going to be SO hard but a good friend of mine said something to me that changed my perspective. He said, "Your mission is going to be hard, but it's the best kind of hard you will ever do" How true is that? It will be hard but it's a good hard. The hard that's worth it, the hard that gets you up every morning, the hard that allows you to contact a few more people, it's the hard that rewards more than any other thing you've done in your life. I know it will be hard but I wouldn't want it any other way.
    The best part about it is I don't have to do it alone. Christ will be with me, my father in heaven will be with me and the Holy Ghost will lead and guide me in all that I should do. This call to serve will forever change my life and forever effect the person I become and I couldn't be happier to serve at this time. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment