Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry Christmas from Vancouver

Dear Mom,
   It's great to hear from you. I enjoyed talking to everyone on Wednesday, sorry I cried the whole time! I just got so emotional talking to all of you! I hope you all know that I am doing well. The Lord is blessing me and I am learning a lot. I smile everyday and it's not forced, I truly am growing to love this work I am a part of. So thank you for your prayers and the advice given to me, it helps so much! As I trust in Heavenly Father and rely on Him, miracles happen. He is blessing us a lot and it's great to represent His son at this time.
   Our Christmas went well. We visited many members and ate delicious noodles in the chinese food court near where we contact. It was so busy! Only chinese people are out on Christmas, all the white people are at home, so contacting was a lot more successful for us than it is for the other missionaries. I am realizing more and more what a blessing it is to be a mandarin missionary in this province. I talk to people in Mandarin on the street everyday and I am able to share my testimony with them. We are so blessed! As I am learning this language Heavenly Father is helping me to learn and grow. I am becoming a better me and developing skills I never thought were part of my potential. It's incredible. 
   I finished my 12 weeks of training last week. Whoa. Fastest 12 weeks of my life and the hardest. I am excited for the future. I know whatever the Lord asks me to do, I will be able to do it. He is preparing me in many ways to do His work even better than now. 
   I just want to share my testimony that I know that God hand is in our lives. He is helping His children and guiding them to the truth. I see miracles everyday and meet people who are so prepared! Heavenly Father is real. He is so a part of everything that happens and He is because He knows us. We are all His children and He is guiding us to each other and allowing us to bless each others lives. Every time I meet someone who is so ready to accept the gospel, I think of Kay Rae. She was so ready and Heavenly Father helped us find one another. It took a little time but she accepted this gospel and now is a faithful saint. Amazing. Nothing in this life is a coincident. Every person we meet, every trial we face, every experience we endure is a part of a bigger plan. It gives me comfort to know that I am a part of something bigger and it's exciting to be a servant of the Lord at this time and see Him be an amazing Father to His children.
   I love you so much! I am doing well and learning tons! I know the trials aren't done here but neither is the growing. I am so grateful for you mom and for your example. You have been the best friend I could ask for and I am blessed to have a mother like you! I pray for you and know that you are doing all you can to endure to the end. It's a comfort to know our family can truly be together forever. 
I love you!!!
Love, Sister Emily Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment